Where to have them and what should I have?

As a minimum you should have smoke alarms in all hallways, landings, loft conversions and a heat alarm in your kitchen.

How are they connected?

They can be either hardwired or connected via radio linked bases.

What are the different levels of cover?

LD1 - Smoke alarms in EVERY room other than bathrooms, shower rooms and toilets and a Heat or multi sensors alarm in the kitchen.

LD2 – Alarms installed in all circulation areas and rooms which are on the escape route from your home, such as landings and hallways, alarms installed in the main living areas and a Heat or multi sensors alarm in the kitchen.

LD3 – Alarms on hallways and landing and anywhere which forms part of the escape route from your home

What if I rent out a property?

If your property is rented out the regulations require private rented sector landlords, from 1 October 2015, to have at least one smoke alarm installed on every storey of their rental property which is used as living accommodation, and a carbon monoxide alarm in any room used as living accommodation where solid fuel is used - after that, the landlord must make sure the alarms are in working order at the start of each new tenancy. But these regulations are subject to change very shortly.

How do make sure they are working?

You should test your alarms at least once a month by pressing the test button located on the front of the device

Give us a call today for a free quote on 07742485307